Do you have a free continental breakfast? We do not provide breakfast, but we do have free coffee. We encourage our guests to visit one of the many local restaurants that serve a delicious hot breakfast.
How far away from downtown are you? We are just 3 miles from downtown, and we have dining and attractions within walking distance. You can have fun visiting downtown, and then get away from all the noise and relax here. There is also local cab service if you need a ride back and forth.
Do your rooms have a microwave and fridge? Our housekeeping cottages do have kitchenettes. They all have a refrigerator and many have a microwave. Our motel rooms and sleeping cottages have a shared picnic area with a charcoal grill. We provide a bucket of ice upon request, or you can buy a large bag of ice to fill a cooler. We are happy to warm up water for you for formula, tea, etc. We do our best to accommodate our guests, so we encourage you to ask us if there is anything you need while staying with us.
I have reserved a sleeping cottage, do I need to bring sheets and towels? No, they are just like our motel rooms. Our housekeeping cottages are the ones that do not have linens nor towels.
Why don't you provide televisions in your housekeeping cottages? Our housekeeping cottages are designed for family vacations. We let our guests decide if they want a television on their vacation, or if they want to spend some quality time with each other. There are a lot of tourist activities to keep you busy in the 1000 Islands area. There are also a lot of outdoor activities here at Pinehurst, for rainy days or evenings try playing a board game. We do have cable hookup in all of our cottages if you choose to bring one.
When is your off-season/on-season? We are open from early May to the end of September, our on-season is July & August and holiday weekends.
Do you have wireless internet? Yes we do, although our signal is not strong enough to reach all of our cottages on our 23 acres of land. We have a table and chairs outside of our office where you can get a good signal if you do not have one at your cottage.
- Check in & check out times. Check in time is 2 p.m. Check out time for nightly stays is 11 a.m. Check out time for weekly stays in the housekeeping cottages is 10 a.m.
- Unfortunately we have a no pets policy. There is a veterinary clinic that boards less than a mile away, so you could still see your pet as often as you would like while staying with us.
- Deposits in the form of a check or money order must be sent within a day or two of making a reservation. Reservations get cancelled if we do not receive a deposit within 5 business days after it was made. If a reservation is made for a stay that is less than 5 days away, we will hold the room with a credit card. If a credit card hold is a no show or cancels and leaves us no time to re-rent the room, the card will be charged the deposit fee. Balances are due at check in, and can be paid with credit card (except for weekly housekeeping balances), NY State checks, cash, money orders, or traveler checks.
- Cancellations must be made early enough for us to re-rent the room/cottage. If we can re-rent it we will refund the deposit minus a $10 processing fee. Please note that we receive the majority of our weekly housekeeping cottage rentals in the winter and spring.
- Reservations must be made by phone. Be prepared to let us know how many adults and children will be staying with you and everyone’s name. To provide our guests with a peaceful stay and to protect our property, lodging may be refused or a security deposit may be required.
- The housekeeping cottages are expected to be left the way they were before your stay and clean to avoid a surcharge. No clotheslines are permitted to be put up, we provide a customer clothesline. Any furniture that gets moved must be returned to its original location. Take all of your belongings and food with you, trash is to be left in the outside trash cans.
- All of our motel rooms and sleeping cottages are smoke free, however we do provide outdoor ashtrays with a covered area to sit.
- The only place wood fires are permitted is at the waterfront bonfire pit (with the exception of #7 which has its own fire pit), the charcoal grills are for charcoal only.
- We encourage families to stay with us, and we want to keep this a peaceful place so we have a quiet time beginning at 10 pm. We ask that there are no skateboards, scooters, or skates. Bicycles are allowed, but everyone must wear a helmet (it is also NYS law that children wear helmets). Children must be supervised at all times. We ask that our guests be conscientious of their neighbors, and try to keep a peaceful setting here.
- Guests must check in at the office and sign the NY State pool rules. There is no alcohol, or glass containers permitted at the pool. Be courteous of fellow swimmers. Please make sure your children are aware that we ask there to be no excessive splashing or yelling. Diving is not allowed.
- No tents or screen tents allowed.